Friday 27 December 2013

The Holiday Season

Yet again it has been a long time since I have entered the realm of blogging and there has been a fair amount going on. Talking of the holiday season, I made the mistake of categorising some of my stock photos with the word ‘Holiday’ and being an American site they were instantly rejected for not having anything to do with Christmas!!
I was back in the UK for a couple of weeks and it was incredible to say the least. It was however very cold and I can safely say I am completely acclimatised to the Caribbean now. My parents threw a Christmas day, not on the actual day, and the whole family was there which was quite a feat in itself. My best bro had an epic surprise party, which went without a hitch a managed to quell my need for good music and beer.
My photography is really starting to pick up now and is gaining momentum as we speak. One of the windows open on my desktop is of my new website, under construction, and the other is some shots I have been editing from yesterdays diving so I think I can say I am hitting it hard. Just before my return to the Caribbean I submitted my first article that will be published in Under Water Photography magazine, obviously I will be shouting about it closer to the release date of Jan/Feb. I had my first ever placement in a photography competition. I was placed third in the Stoney Cove monthly event, first and second were both incredible photos so I was happy. The prize arrived in the post the other day, lets just say it may take longer to pay for my camera than I first thought!
I am trying to up my game by the week and I am trying to enter some prestigious competitions with the hope that I wont just make myself feel bad for not winning. There are three weeks before we shut shop in the Turks & Caicos and head for the Dominican Republic. There we will stay through to April, taking a full boat of guests, every week, to snorkel with humpback whales on the Silver Banks (Google maps). This will all be broken up for me by a three week holiday/vacation during which I will be Kite surfing for fourteen days and doing a ten day course in Miami towards my big boat Captains ticket…. And taking lots of photographs:

Nikon D600 in Hugyfot  InonZ240 strobes. Shutter 1/60 f20 iso 400 Tokina 16mm

No comments:

Post a Comment